Geoff Nelder escaped from his roots in the south of England and now lives in the north. He would do most things for a laugh but had to pay the mortgage so he taught I.T. and Geography in the local High school. After thirty years in the education business, he nearly become good at it. A post-war baby boomer, he has post-grad researched and written about climatic change, ran computer clubs and was editor of a Computer User Group magazine for 11 years. He read voraciously after his mother enrolled him into the children’s science fiction book club when he was four, and has written for fun since his fingers moved independently. His experiences on geographical expeditions have found themselves into amusing pieces in the Times Educational Supplement and taking his family on house-swap holidays years before they became popular added both authenticity and wild imagination to his creativity.
Geoff Nelder lives in Chester with his long-suffering wife and has two grown-up children whose sense and high intelligence persist in being a mystery to him.
- MSc (Master of Science)
- BEd (Bachelor of Education)
- Fellow of the Royal Meteorological Society (FRMet S)
- Feb 2015 – Best Book Review – BooksGoSocial.com
- Jan 2013 – ARIALeft Luggage won the best science fiction novel – Preditors & Editors Contest.
- Jan 2013 – Short horror story, Her Battle of Trafalgar was Editor’s Pick in The Horror Zine.
- June 2004 – Author of the Month – Bewrite