I attend a couple of book groups in Chester. Often the books generate plenty of points for us to discuss, but sometimes it is useful for the publisher or author to provides questions. Many of these book group topics apply to any fiction so feel free to copy.
Possible Book Group topics for XAGHRA’S REVENGE
1. What did you like best about this book?
2. What did you like least about this book
3. What other books did this remind you of
4. Which characters in the book did you like best?
5. Which characters did you like least?
6. If you were making a movie of this book, who would you cast?
7. Share a favourite quote from the book. Why did this quote stand out?
8. What other books by this author have you read? How did they compare to this book?
9. Would you read another book by this author? Why or why not?
10. What feelings did this book evoke for you?
11. If you got the chance to ask the author of this book one question, what would it be?
12. Which places in the book would you most like to visit?
13. What do you think of the book’s title? How does it relate to the book’s contents? What other title might you choose?
14. What do you think of the book’s cover? How well does it convey what the book is about? An alternative cover had a slave girl in chains because this really happened.
15. What do you think the author’s purpose was in writing this book? What ideas was he trying to get across?
16. How original and unique was this book?
17. If you were to write fanfic about this book, what kind of story would you want to tell?
18. What do you think about the author’s research? Was it easy to see where the author got his or her information? Were the sources credible?
I’ll provide my own answers to these questions in a later blog.
In November I read a short story, VIEW FROM at the Chester Literary Festival to promote our Chester Writers’ Anthology 2017. You can read my short surreal story for free here
An actress read an amusing extract from my ARIA: Left Luggage novel to camera here
I can recommend this new venture. It is a web-based writing and showcasing site that has already run one successful competition. I am the next honorary judge for the suspense category. If you are hard at work with #NaNoWriMo or just finishing off a novel or long story of at least 10k words and want to know what to do with it, why not enter it for
Free to enter, huge prizes
worth a look
XAGHRA’S REVENGE released this summer. Pirates abducted 5000 people off the tiny Mediterranean island near Malta in 1551. Nearly 500yrs passed until their spirits enacted revenge with my authorial help. http://myBook.to/Xaghra
Note the Arabic script at the heading of Ch 20 where the book travels to Libya.
Run, hide! alien apocalypse.
Infectious amnesia. Free on KindleUnlimited or
99 pence/cents ARIA smarturl.it/1fexhs
My other books can be found on the Amazon Author page http://author.to/Amazonauthorpage
Or if you fancy a children’s picture book about Timmy the Tornado – a kind of social story to help children grow up and be kind. ebook 99 pence https://payhip.com/b/2aj3